We are super excited to announce FutureHack, a 24-hour hackathon for data nerds, by data nerds at FutureStack!
Jump into our 24-hour virtual FutureHack event to compete with your fellow developers, engineers, practitioners, and students. It’s your opportunity to create an amazing project and shine, with Relics and engineers there to help you through Slack and Zoom rooms.
Read on to learn more about the FutureHack tracks, our sponsors, and prizes!
We are incredibly grateful to have GitHub and Forem joining us as sponsors this year.
As one of the first organization-level sponsors for the GitHub Sponsors program we are thrilled to continue our partnership with GitHub. Their work has fundamentally changed the landscape of open source software and we’re proud to stand beside them. We look forward to many more adventures together in the future.
Forem has been such a great partner to us, first with the Hack the Planet Hackathon in January (where we supported developers building applications to combat climate change using New Relic’s observability tools,) and again with TheRelicans.com, our online community that uses Forem’s open source community platform]. Their commitment to software communities is inspiring and we’re excited to have them join us in this effort.
Choose from multiple tracks for your hack:
- Low Code, No Code, for non-engineers
- Build on New Relic, for skilled Data Nerds ready to expand the ecosystem
- Hack for Good, to build awesome projects that help give back to the community
- Student Edition, for students to learn about New Relic One and compete against each other for cool prizes
You don’t need to be an engineer to take advantage of New Relic’s data visualization features. The low code, no code track is perfect for business analysts, techops, and spreadsheet wizards to leverage New Relic to gain deeper insights into their data.
Build your most impactful New Relic Dashboard. Share a walkthrough with the details and impact of your dashboard. Explain the NRQL queries you used to create it and how it helps you better understand your system or service and any APIs or instrumentation needed.
Are you already a New Relic Pro? The Build on New Relic track is perfect for skilled Data Nerds and New Relic practitioners ready to push their organization’s dashboards beyond their limits.
Use the New Relic SDK to build a custom visualization and deploy it to an existing dashboard or a new one if needed. Share your selected components and data, the impact your custom visualization creates, and how you'd plan to use it combined with the data displayed in your dashboard.
We at New Relic believe in the power of open source and programming for good. The Hack for Good track is perfect for every coder, developer, or engineer that wants to hack with minor restrictions.
Develop your most kick-ass project for the good of the developer community, your community, or the world. Choose your cause, choose your technology stack, and deliver your most innovative project - points given for New Relic instrumentation and dashboards.
Are you a student looking to level up on DevOps and observability? The Student Challenge track is for students to learn about New Relic One in a real-world production environment and take their first peek into the world of DevOps.
Attend the Error in Prod workshop, where you will become the lead SRE for the hottest techy store NerdMart. In the workshop, you will get a guided walkthrough of New Relic One and get hands-on help us better understand our system.
- Help us solve the many issues we have with our NerdMart production environment. The first student to complete all the challenges wins this part of the challenge.
- Based on what you’ve learned, develop your most impactful NerdMart New Relic Dashboard. Share a walkthrough with the details and impact of your dashboard. Explain the NRQL queries you used to create it and how it helps you better understand your system.
We hope that you will join us for this adventure of data exploration!
We can’t wait to see what you come up with! The top, most exciting projects win:
- Best Overall Hack: $10000
- Best Hack Low Code, No Code: $5000
- Best Hack Build New Relic: $5000
- Best Hack Hack for Good: $5000
- Best New Hacker: iPad Pro
- Most fun application: Nintendo Switch
- Student Challenge: Apple Watch 3 (2)
- Student Challenge Best Dashboard: Nintendo Switch
We can’t wait for the amazing, fabulous projects y’all will build at Futurestack! Sign up today, for FREE.