I'm recording some lovely podcasts on therelicans.com, but it's hard to keep track of them, and promote them. They're on different sites, and what if someone asks me to be on a podcast? Let's build a drop-dead gorgeous page on my portfolio to display them.
Create a listing of Podcast appearances. Use Portfolio page from type-on-strap.
I want something gorgeous and filled with content, and I think the portfolio page is what I'm looking for. In the first article, I mentioned picking the type-on-strap theme, and it definitely delivers here.
According to the docs, we need to:
- Create a collection called podcasts
- Create a podcast page that includes
- Modify https://github.com/sylhare/Type-on-Strap/blob/master/_includes/portfolio.html Portfolio.html to accept a collection that defaults to portfolio <- pass podcasts to it
- Secondary modification - remove the relative url reference on url.
- Steal Mandy's lovely images from Twitter.
Hopefully at this point, it'll just be me filling in data for different podcasts.
Create a new podcast page that will display all the podcasts.
Description of Changes
- Refactored portfolio to accept a collection instead of assuming portfolio as collection
- created a new podcast page that passes podcast data to portfolio.